If you are the owner or manager of a Long Term Care Facility you know how much time is spent by your staff washing, drying and sorting the residents personal clothing. Many facilities find this process time consuming and a definite added labour expense. Even in this day and age where technology has provided cost savings in many other areas of Care facility management the basic problem of proper clothing identification is still problematic. Housekeeping and Laundry staff are burdened by the ever increasing number of personal clothing items that need to be labeled. Many facilities are still using antiquated methods to label personal clothing.
1. Q-tape (iron on fabric tape) usually purchased by the roll and is general manually marked with an indelible marker with the residents name and room number, cut from the roll and then heat pressed onto the clothing with an iron or commercial heat press. This method has been used in the industry for more than 50 years and by today's standard is considered non-cost effective for the following reasons;
- Increases Labour costs to manual mark, cut and apply and re-apply.
- Q-Tape is not designed for extensive commercial laundering
- Labels are rough and can irritate sensitive skin
- Marker ink fades quickly and becomes unreadable
- Labels detach from clothing after multiple laundering
- Lost or Missing Personal Clothing.
- Damage to resident clothing from ink transfer.
- Unprofessional appearance
- High labour costs for manually marking items
- Names can be smeared and be unreadable.
- Family members and resident complaints.
- Utilizes out-of-date technology.
- Replacement parts are hard to find.
- Expensive to purchase.
- Poor Print quality and fades in Laundry.
- Requires a desktop computer to operate.
- Large foot print in the laundry area.
- Software is not included in the system.
- Inexpensive to purchase - under $300
- All-in-One Design with built-in Keyboard
- No messy ink ribbons.
- Crystal clear text and bar codes.
- Portable; works on A/C or Batteries.
- Easy drop in Tape Cartridge with 26 feet of Tape.
- Built-in automatic cutter.
- 99 memory locations.
- Lowest cost per label in the industry